Behavioral & Development
Despite all the love and care they receive from their parents and family, some children have developmental, learning, or behavioral problems, such as:
- Being on the autism spectrum.
- Toddler temper tantrums.
- Sleep disorders.
- Anger management or stress management issues.
- Attention deficit /hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Learning disorders.
- Delay development in speech, writing, motor skills, and thinking ability.
- Addiction (screen time, smoking/vaping, and drug or alcohol use).
Dealing with these problems can be challenging for even the most attentive and competent parents. Thankfully, our developmental pediatricians at Children’s Medical Center have the experience to provide the medical and psychological support families need to tackle these behavioral problems. Services provided may include:
- Prescribing and monitoring medication if your child has an issue such as ADHD or anxiety.
- Helping you understand the reason for your child’s behavior in order to formulate discipline strategies.
- Recommending accommodations and services at your child’s school, as well as therapies outside the classroom.
Developmental Pediatricians in Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
To learn more about our behavioral and development services, contact Children’s Medical Center today at a location nearest to you, or schedule a consultation with one of our developmental pediatricians using our convenient online request form.