Your doctors at Children’s Medical Center are here for you, not only for medical care but as a source of reliable information. We are open, and seeing patients. While in the office, we ask everyone over the age of two years old to wear a mask. Telemedicine appointments are also available, when necessary. Feel free to give the office a call for further information.
At Children’s Medical Center, we are dedicated to caring for our patients. This is especially true in times of crisis, such as the current COVID pandemic. We are currently offering COVID testing for our patients, depending on availability of testing supplies and medical necessity.
COVID-19 Information from Two Perspectives
- Personal Safety: Most people infected by COVID-19 will have a mild illness, especially children.
- Community Responsibility: The CDC and Health Department are trying to limit the spread, or at least, slow it down. Self-quarantine, containment areas, and social distancing are being implemented for these purposes.
Ways to Stay Healthy
- GOOD HANDWASHING.
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE.
- STAY AWAY FROM LARGE GATHERINGS.
- REMEMBER SOCIAL DISTANCING WORKS.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NICER WEATHER.
- STAY AT HOME IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY IS SICK.
- WHEN NEEDED, COUGH INTO YOUR ELBOW
What Else Can You Do?
- Maintain your daily routines.
- Try to keep kids busy with a healthy and productive schedule at home.
- Talk to your children about their fears.
- Look for anxiety symptoms such as trouble sleeping, moodiness, and inappropriate behavior.
- Check on your elderly friends and family.
- Take care of yourself.
- Remember to take a breath.
How Can Children’s Medical Center Help Your Family?
Children’s Medical Center will help you through this crisis, as we have so many times in the past. Our doctors were on the front line of the H1N1 infection – we made it through that, and together, we will make it through this.
If your child is sick, please call us. Each office is handling the situation a little differently but to be sure, we are screening patients carefully and doing what is needed to keep our families safe.
- In order to prevent exposure in the lobby, the schedulers at each office will provide check-in instructions. Once in the building, patients will be immediately escorted to an exam room.
- While in the office, we are asking anyone over the age of two years old to wear a mask.
- Every employee must wear a mask.
- Children’s Medical Center considers immunizing the children a top priority in the context of well-childcare. Please call the office to discuss scheduling an appointment.
- Well visits and sick patients are being seen at separate times.
- Telemedicine – This service is not appropriate for all visits, but is an option when needed. If you think your child may benefit from a telemedicine visit, please call the office to discuss.
- Sick patients are screened for the risk of coronavirus. Patients at increased risk of coronavirus will be seen by a physician via telemedicine and given further instructions.
- Each room is disinfected, per CDC guidelines, after each patient and at the end of the day.
Disclaimer: Although there are various opinions regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, Children’s Medical Center follows the guidelines as outlined by the American Academy of Pediatrics, Centers of Disease Control, and state regulations.