CHILDREN’S MEDICAL CENTER FAMILIES,
Your doctors at Children's Medical Center are here for you, not only for medical care but as a source of reliable information. We are open and seeing patients. While in the office we ask that everyone over the age of 2 years old wear a mask. We are currently seeing well visits and sick visits at seperate times. Telemed appointments are also available. Feel free to give the office a call for further information.
At Children’s Medical Center we are dedicated to caring for our patients. This is especially true in times of crisis, such as the current COVID pandemic. We are currently offering COVID testing for our patients, depending on availability of testing supplies and medical necessity. We may be able to provide testing which will be sent to an outside lab or in office rapid testing. If the in office rapid COVID test is performed, there will be a $75.00 charge at the time of service.
COVID-19 Information from Two Perspectives.
- Personal Safety:
The vast majority of people infected by COVID-19 will have mild illness, especially children.
- Community Responsibility:
The CDC and Health Department are trying to limit spread, or at least slow it down. Self-quarantine, containment areas and social distancing are being implemented for these purposes.
WAYS TO STAY HEALTHY
- GOOD HANDWASHING.
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE.
- STAY AWAY FROM LARGE GATHERINGS
- REMEMBER SOCIAL DISTANCING WORKS.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NICER WEATHER.
- STAY AT HOME IF YOU OR ANY ONE IN YOUR FAMILY IS SICK.
- WHEN NEEDED, COUGH INTO YOUR ELBOW.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
- Maintain your daily routines.
- Try to keep kids busy with healthy and productive schedule at home.
- Talk to your children about their fears.
- Look for anxiety symptoms such as trouble sleeping, moodiness and inappropriate behavior.
- Check on your elderly friends and family.
- Take care of yourself.
- Remember to take a breath.
HOW CAN CHILDREN’S MEDICAL CENTER HELP YOUR FAMILY?
Children's Medical Center will help you through this crisis, as we have so many times in the past. Our doctors were on the front line of H1N1 infection - we made it through that, and together, we will make it through this.
If your child is sick, please call us. Each office is handling the situation a little differently but be sure we are all screening patients carefully and doing what is needed to keep our families safe.
- In order to prevent exposure in the lobby, the schedulers at each office will provide check in instructions. Once in the building patients will be immediately escorted to an exam room.
- While in the office we are asking that anyone over the age of 2 years old wear a mask.
- Every employee is required to wear a mask.
- Children’s Medical Center considers immunizing the children a top priority in the context of well childcare. Please call the office to discuss scheduling an appointment
- Well visits and sick patients are being seen at seperate times.
- Telemedicine - Our group is offering this service to our patients. If you think your child may benefit from a telemedicine visit, please call the office.
- Sick patients are screened for risk of coronavirus. Patients at increased risk of coronavirus will be seen by a physician via telemedicine and given further instructions.
- Each room is disinfected per CDC guidelines after each patient and at the end of the day.
PHYSICIANS AND STAFF AT CHILDREN’S MEDICAL CENTER
Disclaimer: Although there are various opinions regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, Children’s Medical Center follows the guideline as outlined to us by the American Academy of Pediatrics, Centers for Disease Control and state regulations.